The Tropic introduces Meet the Makers
An intimate, monthly dinner series showcasing a range of winemakers, distillers, brewers and producers.
Dan Shaw from Philip Shaw Wines in Orange, NSW kicks off the series on Thursday 11 July. Dan talks through the history and wine profiles of Philip Shaw Wines; and how wine redefines people’s presumptions of flavour and quality. Head chef, Guillaume Zika creates a Mediterranean inspired four-course menu matched with the evening’s wines.
King fish tartare is paired with the 2018 No. 11 Chardonnay; melted raclette cheese, salted berries and roasted hazelnuts with the 2017 The Wire Walker Pinot Noir; and braised ox cheek with confit cabbage, celeriac cream and dill with the 2016 No. 89 Shiraz. Set in The Tropic, with panoramic views of Burleigh Beach diners are set to experience a memorable evening. Seats are limited so book now.
- 11 July – Philip Shaw Wines and a Mediterranean feast
- 24 July – Italian wines and meats from the local butcher
- 15 August – Local and imported cheeses
- 4 September – Rosés of the world and crustaceans
- 16 October – Champagne and seafood
- 21 November – All things vegan
Time: 6.00pm – 8.00pm
Bookings: essential, please call 07 5661 9050
Address: 3/43 Goodwin Terrace, Burleigh Heads