We’re hiring: Account Coordinator
Are you a journalism or communications graduate with a love for food, drink, hospitality and travel? Want to join a fast-paced boutique agency based in Surry Hills to kick-start your communications career? Keen to work with incredible clients ranging from restaurants to bars, whiskey to wine?
Recent client wins mean our team is expanding and we’re looking for a super-driven, creative, curious, and organised PR junior.
The Account Coordinator is responsible for providing entry-level support for multiple account teams. Work includes ownership of client coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, and some media relations support. Additionally, there is potential opportunity to work on blogger and influencer relations and social media for our natural food brands. The position assists in building, implementing, managing and reporting on effective communication programs for clients.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients.
- Identifying pitching opportunities.
- Developing, maintaining and updating media lists.
- Writing and proofreading media materials and pitches.
- Coordinating and executing media send outs.
- Reviewing publications and identifying trends.
- Assisting client account teams with media relations and execution of PR programs.
- Providing office support by answering phones and providing daily news reports.
- Managing the agency’s website content including uploading blog posts and case studies.
- Writing blogs and creating social content for the agency’s digital channels.
- Interest in food, drink, and hospitality.
- Hunger to learn.
- Strong desire to develop and progress in a PR career.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Can-do attitude.
- Successfully multitasks within collaborative team structure and open work environment.
- Excellent writing, research and persuasion skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- The ability to take direction from supervisors and managers.
Your credentials include:
- A minimum of one year intern experience in public relations or journalism.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills.
- A degree in PR, communications, or journalism or relevant industry certifications.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to accelerate your learning and career opportunities.
- A long-term career opportunity.
- Architecturally-designed offices in Surry Hills, close to transport, surrounded by great food, good coffee, shops and pubs.
- A diverse, warm and relaxed team environment offering all the support you need to thrive.
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people who share your passion for food, drink, hospitality and travel.
Tonic PR is a fast-growing boutique lifestyle PR agency specialising in the food, drink, hospitality and travel space. We offer a range of communications services from traditional and digital media relations, events, social media and digital content, marketing and branding. We are proud to work with some of the most creative restaurateurs, producers, and marketers in Australia on a long-term basis, many since we launched in 2015.