Are you a PR Account Director experienced in working with food, drink, hospitality and/or travel brands and businesses? We want you to join our fast-paced boutique agency based in Surry Hills to help lead our agency and a portfolio of incredible clients ranging from restaurants to bars, whiskey to wine.
Recent client wins mean our team is expanding and we’re looking for a super-driven, creative, curious, and organised senior PR leader who inspires and motivates those around them. A senior level client relations superstar with bagloads of personality, genuine charm, and proven ability to develop and nurture strong relationships with your team, clients and media. You love connecting with clients, media, and collaborators; a natural knowledge sponge who consistently transcends expectations and shares the good with others at every opportunity.
You will play a key role in driving the agency’s commercial success, ensuring high client satisfaction and team engagement. Reporting to the Managing Director, this is an opportunity to grow your career and personal development with a team who live to eat great food and love what they do and who they get to do it with.
You’ll either have experience working as a PR Account Director or be ready to step into this role.
You will take responsibility for:
- The profitability and growth of the agency’s client portfolio;
- Identifying new business opportunities and leading new business pitches;
- The successful execution of creative, measurable client programs;
- Leading a smart team of specialist PR professionals;
- Being the agency’s senior client contact; providing valuable counsel on communications and industry issues;
- Delivering strategic and creative solutions to clients articulately and with enthusiasm;
- Continually building and nurturing a network of media and industry contacts;
- Providing insights into food, drink, hospitality, and travel industry issues and media trends and suggesting new ideas for campaigns and projects gathered from this research.
As well as demonstrating your experience in all the above areas, it is essential that you have:
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in public relations, preferably working with food, drink, hospitality, and/or travel brands and businesses;
- Previous PR agency experience is essential;
- Experience leading a portfolio of clients and accounts;
- Proven ability to think strategically and develop robust communication plans for clients;
- A track record developing sound client relationships;
- Ability to manage a team of PR consultants and contribute to their development plans;
- Excellent communication skills including magnificent grammar and writing skills;
- A collaborative, team player attitude;
- A degree, or relevant industry certifications.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to lead an agency, accelerate your learning and career opportunities;
- Architecturally-designed offices in Surry Hills, close to transport, surrounded by great food, good coffee, shops and pubs;
- A fun, warm and relaxed team environment offering all the support you need to thrive;
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people who share your passion for food, drink, hospitality and travel.
- A formal training program and team culture activities.
Tonic PR is a fast-growing boutique lifestyle PR agency specialising in the food, drink, hospitality and travel space. We offer a range of communications services from traditional and digital media relations, events, social media and digital content, marketing and branding. We are proud to work with some of the most creative restauranteurs, producers, and marketers in Australia on a long-term basis, many since we launched in 2015.