To celebrate International Coffee Day, Toby’s Estate Coffee Roasters launches a tasty collaboration with Sydney’s leading handmade macaron company, MakMak for the month of October. The unique partnership sees MakMak founder, Carlos Heng, work in collaboration with the Toby’s Estate team to create a range of limited-edition macarons, using single origin coffees to bring you a match made in flavour heaven.
The five macarons are made using Toby’s Estate’s most unique and dynamic single origin coffees, with each macaron being inspired by the distinctive tasting notes of coffees from Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Myanmar and Colombia.
“This has been one of my favourite projects to have worked on so far, and I’m extremely proud of the recipes I’ve created as a result. The Toby’s Estate coffee roasts and profiles are of such high quality and are bursting with so much flavour, so it was an easy job for me to invent the perfect macaron flavours to match! Myself and Toby’s Estate are super excited for the collaboration to roll out and we can’t wait for our fans to try them!” says Carlos.
“MakMak shares the same core philosophies as Toby’s, in their commitment to sourcing only the highest quality ingredients to develop, create and curate a truly unique flavour driven experience. Starting from a cupping in our Q Lab to baking in the MakMak kitchen, we’re excited to bring you this flavour explosion of a collaboration. Be sure to take your time and enjoy each flavour with your favourite coffee.” adds Head Roaster, Nich Rae, at Toby’s Estate
The creative partnership runs for the month of October. Macarons are priced at $3.50 each or $17.50 for the full pack of five, and are exclusively available at Toby’s Estate, Chippendale and MakMak, Surry Hills from 2nd October.
Coffee Profiles and Tasting Notes:
- Made with – EL DIAMANTE (Costa Rica, Anaerobic Black Honey)
- Tasting notes – Cinnamon, Buttery, Spiced Fruits, Scones, Christmas Cake
- Made with – DON PACHI (Panama, Natural)
- Tasting notes – Jasmine, Tropical Fruits, Pineapple, Melon, Cloves
- Made with – EL DOCTOR (Nicaragua, Natural)
- Tasting notes – Cassis, Cinnamon, Tropical Fruits
- Made with – MYAING (Myanmar, Natural)
- Tasting notes – Liquorice, Strawberry, Cola, Biscuit, Toffee
- Made with – VARSOVIA (Colombia, Natural)
- Tasting notes – Honey, Black Olive, Dark Caramel, Molasses, Apple Cider