Work with us!
Are you a PR wizard with agency experience and a love of food, drink, hospitality and travel communications? We want you to join our boutique agency based in Surry Hills to lead a portfolio of incredible clients.
Our team is expanding and so we’re looking for a super-driven, creative, curious, and organised PR professional. You’re a client relations superstar with bag loads of personality and a genuine charm. You love connecting with clients, media, and collaborators; a natural knowledge sponge who consistently transcends expectations and shares the good with others at every opportunity.
This is a fast-paced, hands-on role loaded with opportunities to advance your career and personal development. You’ll join a team who live to eat great food and love what they do and who they get to do it with.
- Accountability for the development and implementation of creative and successful client programs that include traditional PR, social, and digital strategy;
- Developing strong relationships with clients, being their day-to-day contact for the campaign, and providing valuable counsel on communications and industry issues;
- Managing social channels on behalf of our clients;
- Copywriting of media releases, social content, blogs, email newsletters etc;
- Managing client events;
- Delivering strategic and creative solutions to clients articulately and with enthusiasm;
- Continually building and nurturing a network of media and industry contacts;
- Providing insights into food, drink, hospitality, and travel industry issues and media trends and suggesting new ideas for campaigns and projects gathered from this research;
- Being a grammar nerd, able to craft any message for maximum impact
- Inspiring, nurturing and coaching junior members of the team;
- Assisting with retaining clients, identifying new business opportunities, and playing a role in new business pitches.
As well as demonstrating your experience in all the above areas, it is essential that you have:
- Two to five years’ experience in a public relations role;
- Previous PR agency experience;
- Experience managing social channels on behalf of clients;
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of food and drink;
- Experience working with food, drink, hospitality or travel brands or businesses;
- Experience managing multiple client accounts at the same time;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A high level of energy, motivation, and drive to achieve results;
- A degree, or relevant industry experience;
- Know when to have a laugh and when to knuckle down.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to accelerate your learning and career opportunities;
- Modern offices in central Surry Hills;
- A vibrant team environment with regular team lunches, quarterly ‘explore a neighbourhood’ days, and Friday drinks, of course;
- A generous training program with external coaches;
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people who share your passion for food, drink, hospitality and travel.
Tonic PR is a fast-growing boutique lifestyle PR agency specialising in the food, drink, hospitality and travel space. We offer a range of communications services from traditional and digital media relations, events, social media and digital content, marketing and branding. We are proud to work with some of the most creative restaurateurs, producers, and marketers in Australia on a long-term basis, many since we launched in 2015.
If you’re up for the challenge, send your CV and why you believe you’re the next Tonic team member to Client Services Director Belinda Sieben via email@example.com.